May 10, 2012

Character Development- Respect week

It was difficult for me to come up with a definition for Respect that the girls could easily understand. So, I spent a lot of the week explaining and showing them what it means to be respectful and to show respect to others and our belongings. They caught on quickly and we had a lot of fun practicing our new word for the week!  



I didn't take a lot pictures this week (I'm mad at my camera for having a scratched lens and ruining all of my pictures!) but I did get a few of the girls with their poster boards. 
I'll have to admit, we didn't do many activities or read any books related to the word Respect this week. We did, however, talk about the different ways we can show others respect.... by being good listeners without interupting, by treating our things nicely (keeping them picked up so they don't get stepped on or kicked around the house), by listening to mom or dad the first time we ask them to do something, holding doors for people, and picking up trash we see outside to help keep our town clean.
The weather has been SOO nice this week, so we spent almost every day at the swimming pool! It was actually a good place to show examples of how we can have respect for other people swimming- by not splashing when we kick our feet and by keeping our screams of excitement low so we don't freak everybody out!
LOVE my little respectful girls!

0 comments: