April 22, 2012

Character Development- Thoughtfulness week

Thoughtfulness- my favorite word to talk about...so far! 
I think we were just blessed with thoughtful girls, because I'm pretty sure they are more thoughtful than I am most of the time! 
The night before we talked about our new word, my sister was watching the girls for us. She said that the girls wanted to make me something and surprise me with it when I got home.... and this is what Jenna created:
 I guess they all went to the craft store, picked out everything on their own, and put their creations together later that night. The thing I love most about Jenna's artwork, is that she was very thoughtful and picked out the things that meant something to me. She put the J for Jill (not Jenna, like I assumed), she put whale stickers because she knows I love whales, and put it on purple paper because I told her I liked purple when I was her age. Oh and she also made my sister buy me one of my favorite chocolate bars because she forgot to get it for me on Easter. What a sweet and thoughtful girl!

Had to add this picture of Kaitlyn trying to draw on the chalkboard! I think she wants to be a part of our character development lessons...
 Carly had fun putting her stickers on the board, while Jenna finished up her cards.
Throughout the week, we decided to do something thoughtful for one person every day. They got to choose the person, but they had to choose a different person each day. We talked about all the different ways we can be thoughtful to one another... like saying something nice to somebody who is having a bad day, or sending a card to a friend or relative, or helping out around the house, or sharing special toys that we have a hard time sharing, etc.
Jenna decided to make Grandma Corinne a card on the first day. It was sweet to see her spend so much time on one special card. She kept talking about how she (Grandma Corinne) is going to be SO SURPRISED to get a card when it's not even her birthday!
 Another thoughtful thing Jenna did on the first day- was try and get one of those sticky hand things off of the ceiling for Carly.... I guess we'll have to talk about the difference between being thoughtful and putting ourselves in danger for another person! yikes! Just glad she didn't fall over while I was getting the camera (=
 More cards being made for their friends and family members they want to be thoughtful to.
Carly had a hard time making a card for somebody different each day, so I think her Daddy got like 3 cards made for him!
 Another way they were being thoughtful, was by helping me out in the kitchen! They helped me make the entire dinner and it was a lot of fun for all of us. Jenna was so proud that she got to use a 'real' knife and help me cut the vegetables. Love my little thoughtful helpers in the kitchen!
We had a great week talking about thoughtfulness! The girls enjoyed doing things that were thoughtful to others and to the environment. I love how they do something nice and then ask me- was that being thoughtful mommy? Ahhh I just want to freeze time and keep them at these ages forever! 

0 comments: