March 26, 2012

Perseverance day 6 and 7

For some reason all of my pictures got uploaded in the wrong order and I can't figure out how to switch, arrg. I guess I'll just have to blog about our last days of our perseverance talk- backwards!
We had an ice cream party and Grandma Shirley's house last night because Carly persevered and completed her reward chart last week! The girls had fun playing with their cousin Alexis and enjoyed their ice cream and sprinkles! I asked Carly if it took perseverance to complete her chart and she said "No, but it took a long long time to get my ice cream for it" ha.
 Jenna persevered and completed her reward chart- and she got to go swimming in the hot tub on a rainy afternoon! They had a blast- thanks Daddy (=
 Jenna had soccer practice on Sunday afternoon. She was a little tired from our fun morning in Monterey, but she did great and had a good time playing. Here are some pictures I took yesterday:

 She did not like getting subbed-out and didn't understand why she couldn't play the whole time, I love her enthusiasm!
 I asked her how she thought she did, being tired and all, and she said "well, I didn't make 6 goals like I did last week, so I wasn't the best player this time.. but I did make 1 goal!" So we talked a little about how it takes perseverance (and a lot of practice) to make goals. Then she said, "well maybe we shouldn't make me so tired before soccer anymore, so I can make more goals and have perseverance." I love her attitude about soccer and how she really tries to do her best and be the best one on the field!
 We decided to go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Sunday morning because we expected it to rain and thought soccer would be canceled, but we were wrong and it turned out to be a beautiful day!
We had a great time playing and learning in the kids area.

 The girls brought their cameras, so they had fun taking pictures of all the sea animals.

 Kaitlyn had a good time too (=
 We're so fortunate to live close to such a great place!
The kids had fun playing in this fun fort Daddy made, while it rained over the weekend!

To end our week's lesson on Perseverance, I asked the girls what they thought perseverance meant:


I am proud of the girls (and myself) for sticking to our lesson for the week! I definitely noticed a lot less TV and a lot more talk about the word perseverance (= 
Next week, we'll be talking about Patience. I'm not sure if I will be blogging every day or just once a week, we'll see. 

0 comments: