March 23, 2012

Perseverance Day 5

I worked at Jenna's preschool this morning and we played a bean bag toss game during free play time. She was having a hard time getting the bag in the smaller holes and was getting very frustrated because I was 'winning.' So I took the time to talk about how if she wants to get it in the smaller holes- she has to practice and try over and over and over again until she gets it. She was determined to persevere and beat me, and she totally did! I was so proud of her (the other mom's probably thought I was nuts for being so excited over a silly bean bag game) but it was great for her to notice that practicing and not giving up really does help you succeed (whether it's winning a silly bean bag toss or making the Olympic volleyball team (= )

I wanted to post this picture, because I thought it was funny and another 'game' we played to understand perseverance. The girls were using these empty bowls and spoons to feed their babies, and Jenna comes out and says "look mom, I'm Cinderella!"
She wanted to show Daddy, but had the hardest time balancing the bowl on her head to show him. So she had to keep trying for like 5 mins. until she finally got it. Took a lot of perseverance and whining, but finally balanced it long enough for Daddy to see!
The girls and I did a little 'school' time this evening after dinner. Kaitlyn was busy watching this Baby Einstein farm movie thing. She got bored of it after like 10 mins. but that was enough to get the girls started on a little project.
Carly wanted to make an Aiken Drum book like her sister did at school, so Jenna was the teacher and showed her how to create the book. It was so cute and fun to watch them work together on this!
I asked Jenna to make some Easter decorations for our house. They turned out really good and we're going to hang them up when she's finished. She likes to call herself an artist when she's drawing. I over heard her talking to the Easel Mom at school today... she told her that she was the bestest drawer at her house, ha. I think she's right!
Who wants to go first?
Kaitlyn wanted to join us for school today! She likes to pull on Carly and
eat all the dry erase pens and
sometimes get into the paintbrushes! We were cracking up when we noticed her lips all red! I hope the paint is non- toxic?!
Looking forward to a rainy weekend full of indoor activities!

0 comments: