March 22, 2012

Perseverance Day 4

The girls and I had such a fun morning, while learning more about perseverance! We played games, did our workbooks, took a walk to the library, and met some friends at the park.
The girls really enjoyed the game we played. They had to balance a ball on a spoon and walk across the room without the ball falling off. It was neat to see how excited they were after they completed the task. Jenna was way into it and kept finding ways to make it more difficult. First, she walked while holding a big spoon- and did it fine. Then she ran with the big spoon and the ball never dropped. So she decided to get a smaller spoon. She had a hard time walking fast with the smaller spoon and so she went back to the bigger spoon. I encouraged her to try the smaller spoon again until she could do it- she then asked if that would be like perseverance? I smiled and said YES!
They seriously played this little spoon and ball game for over 20 mins and had competitions and switched spoons like 50 times. It was cute and a fun way to help them understand that it takes a lot of practice and perseverance to do certain things in life.
I'm bummed I didn't get any pictures from today, but that only means that I was too busy playing with them to stop and look for my camera (=

0 comments: