May 15, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

My wonderful husband gave me an ENTIRE day to myself for mother's day this year! An ENTIRE day to MYSELF! I think I had a permanent smile on my face that day, ha. 
It was really nice to get some alone time to run errands and do some shopping. I did stop by home a few times to take Jenna to her soccer game and get ready for dinner with some friends. The second time I walked through the door... I saw the older girls jumping around in the bath tub with no water saying "Mommy, we're cold- get us out of here!" I told them to hold on, so I could see what was boiling over on the stove! After turning down the heat and stirring the pasta, I grabbed some towels and helped them out. The house was a complete mess and I found my hubby outside flipping the meat on the BBQ. I felt bad leaving him at that moment, but I knew he could handle it all- being the Super Dad that he is (=
The girls had a great day with Daddy. They went shopping and swimming and played some games and ate healthy, home-cooked meals. And I had a great day thinking about life and how I can be a better mom, wife, and friend. It was the perfect Mother's Day and I have to thank my awesome husband for giving me some time to myself AND for cleaning the house before I returned!
I am so thankful for these 3 beautiful girls:

They showered me with hugs and kisses, cards, candy, and flowers! What a great day! Oh and I also got some new perfume that I LOVE thanks to my generous hubby (=

0 comments: