March 28, 2012

Patience Day 2

I worked at Jenna's preschool this morning, so we did our lesson on patience this afternoon. I don't know why, but for some reason Carly has a hard time doing our lessons in the afternoon. I think she'd much rather be out playing at a park or riding her bike, than inside talking about patience. So let's just say it took a lot of perseverance AND patience to get our poster boards up today! 
Jenna enjoyed finishing Carly's board for her:
 She wanted to decorate her board with fairy stickers, luckily we had some in the craft drawer:
 Yellow Beauty (aka Carly) in front of her poster
 Jenna was so proud of her poster board
 The girls wanted a snack after baths tonight, so I decided to read their bedtime books at the table. They looked so cute eating and listening to the stories, I had to take a picture (=
Jenna and I talked about how having patience and taking the time to complete projects (like our poster boards) can give us great joy when they are done. It was neat to see her take pride in her poster, and the smile on her face when I hung it on the wall was so big! 
I'm hoping to talk more with the girls about how having patience can help them with everything in life. I really believe that patience is a virtue and if we teach our kids the importance of it at an early age, it will give them a great advantage as they grow.

0 comments: