September 17, 2009

First day of preschool!

Today was Jenna's first day of preschool!
We woke up, drank our smoothies that Daddy made us

ate our breakfast with Carly Coo

brushed our teeth and off we went!

This is the only picture I was able to get during class. (Because I did not want to be 'that mom' taking tons of pictures of her child's first day and making a scene!)

We had a great first day at school! Everybody was very friendly and welcoming. I think Jenna will feel safe and cared for on the days I will not be there (if that ever happens!).
I am really looking forward to helping out in the classroom and watching Jenna learn and interact with the other children.
I asked her what her favorite part of preschool was (so far) and her answer was this:
"Mommy, I liked jumping on that jumpy thing that nobody else jumped on with me"
Her answer was funny to me because the entire time we were there, I was trying to encourage her to be around the other kids (without her knowing that was my intention) by getting her into whatever craft or toys some other kids were playing with at the table. And all she wanted to do was jump, jump, and jump. I don't know who's idea it was to have a jumping/wrestling area in a preschool??! Oh well, she had a great time- even if she ignored every other person who tried to talk to her. We'll see how next Tuesday goes!

0 comments: