March 20, 2012

Perseverance Day 2

I didn't have much planned for today's teaching on perseverance, other than talking about it a lot and going over what we talked about yesterday. I was, however, surprised at how much the girls enjoyed talking about our new word!

Carly actually brought it up first thing this morning in the car. We were meeting some friends at a bounce house place (Pumpd) and the kids were super excited to go, so they were in the car and ready to go before I was. I still had a few more things to load into the car before we left, so they had to wait for like 5 minutes before we could take off. And Carly says to me "Mom, are you doing purr-sa-bear-ness?" HA! It took me a second to figure out what she was talking about, and when I realized it I asked her what she meant. She said that I was taking a long long time to do something and finally got it done "purr-sa-bear-ness." It was so cute, I had the biggest smile on my face as I pulled out of the driveway this morning!

In the afternoon, the word came up while we were prepping dinner. I had Jenna crack an egg for the muffins she wanted to bake. She informed me that it takes a lot of perseverance to crack it without leaving any shells (=

Later in the evening, I noticed Jenna reading the book about the Cows that we read last night. I heard her say the word perseverance at one point while 'reading' it... and that word wasn't even in the book! It's been so neat to see them both understanding a new character trait and I love how they get excited for our 'school' time at home.

This was the only picture I took today:
Kaitlyn (who's been a drooling, snotty mess lately!) was put in this crib with the other babies so she wouldn't get the cards while her sisters played Go Fish.
When asked how she got in the crib, Jenna said that she crawled in. Carly said that Jenna put her in... hmmm!

0 comments: