January 18, 2010

Thoughts for the day

It feels so good to be healthy again! We have all been sick these past couple of weeks and it has not been fun AT ALL. My hubby was such a huge help and I am so thankful for his ability to step- up and play Mr. Mom AND go to work AND keep up with housework... it was pretty impressive!

While I was resting, I couldn't help but notice how much fun the girls were having with their Daddy. He had to give up a couple days of work last week to help out with the girls, and it was so neat to see how much focus and attention was put on just playing and being with them. He wasn't concerned with the house or having to be anywhere or what the girls were wearing... all that mattered was that they were having fun. Watching him interact with the girls reminded me of not only how fun it is to just play with them, but also how IMPORTANT it is to get down on the floor and do whatever it is they want to do for fun. I spend so much time focusing on the next chore that needs to get done or trying to figure out what's for dinner that night, etc. I sometimes forget what I am really supposed to be doing and why I chose to be a stay at home mom- and that is to be with my kids and love them every moment I can and show it the best way I know how.
These days at home- playing with toys, giving piggy back rides, pretending to be 'a mean tiger who eats girls with pink shirts,' turning a closet into a Starbucks, and of course watching Free Willy every single day... won't last forever. I need to enjoy them FULLY while I can and make many wonderful memories in the meantime (=
So, from this day forward I plan on becoming more of an intentional stay at home mom. I want to plan my days around my kids and let the days be spent playing and being outside and just having fun!
Ok, I know this sounds too good to be true- so I guess I will schedule in some time for house work and grocery shopping, etc. but you get the picture...

And speaking of pictures, here are a few recent ones of the girlies:


Carly in her 'big girl chair' (don't be fooled by the big bowl of vegetables we placed in front of her for the picture-hee)
Jenna playing with her cars while Mommy cooked dinner

Carly reading her books while Mommy cooked dinner

She actually got the hat on all by herself!

This is where they normally are when I am cooking dinner (ohh I can't wait for a bigger kitchen)!

Picnic time at the park!

1 comments:

Erin said...

Jill,
I didn't know you have a blog! I just noticed as a blog follower for me & that's how I got here!
I really liked this post. Thanks. I need to remember to focus on the good play times more - and not just household chores, etc.
Cute pictures. Jenna looks so grown up!